Please take a few minutes to go through the following instructions before you start filling our forms.
- If you are new to us, please download and use the Personal Information Form.
- If you have real estate rental income, please use our Rental Expense Form. If you have multiple rental properties (different addresses), please duplicate the form to suit your need.
- If you are self-employed income (T4A), please use our Self-employed Expense Form. If you have multiple incomes sources, please duplicate the form to suit your need.
- Please don’t fill the form on your mobile device.
- On your Windows or Mac computer, please do not fill the form directly on the browser as such way you cannot save the content you have filled.
- On your Windows or Mac computer, when the form is showing up in your browser, please download it to your local drive and then use Adobe Acrobat to fill it and save the content you have filled.
- Please email your filled form back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note our job is not simply moving the numbers from the forms you have filled to the tax returns; instead, we integrate the tax optimization and tax planning into the process as well as our effort to reduce the risk of your tax returns being audited by CRA.
- After our accountants have worked on your tax return based on the information you provided, they will email you the PDF copy of the tax return draft.
- There will be a phone or email discussion between you and our accountants to discuss the details of your tax filing.
- Based on your feedback and questions, our accountants will update your tax return forms and re-send you the PDF for your further review.
- Upon approval of both you and our accountants, we will email you the signature page to finalize your tax returns. Please refer to this page to check how to use your phone to sign on PDF files.
- We will email you our service invoice and ask you kindly send us your e-transfer payment.
- We will e-file your return to CRA once we have received your signatures and your payment to our services.
- We will email you the tax filing receipt from CRA.
Documents Preparation Checklist
|When you have…||Please submit to us…|
|T4/T4A income||All T-slips|
|T3/T5/T5008 income||All T-slips|
|Pension income||All T-slips|
|OAS income||All T-slips|
|EI income||All T-slips|
|Other incomes||All T-slips|
|May get refund but you haven’t provided CRA with your direct deposit information||Institution # (3-digits)
Branch # (5-digits)
|Bought RRSP||RRSP Contribution Slips
|Own a property||Total property tax paid last year|
|Rent to live||Address + rent $$ months of residence + landlord’s name
|Sold a primary residence property||Address, year of purchase, years of residence, sale price, ownership percentage
|Sold an investment property||Address, year, price and cost of purchase, FMV when changing the purpose of use
|Student loan||Interest paid
|Childcare expense||Childcare receipt(s)|
|Membership of professionalism||Payment receipt(s)
|Foreign property > $100,000||Ask us for the T1135 form
|Foreign salary income||Pay stubs with tax statements
|Bought a property the first time||Closing date & address
|Change in marital status||Date of marriage or divorce
|Formally separated||Agreement of separation
|Divorced or Separated, with children||Child support paid or collected
|Someone needs caregiving||T2201 with medical doctor’s signature
|Moved to accommodate new job||Moving expense
|You are first-year filer||Your immigration landing date|
|You filed tax return before||T1 General from previous year’s return|